Marine Coordinator / Operational Controller
The Marine Coordinator / Operational Controller is responsible for the monitoring and
coordination of all marine traffic operations on Moray East Offshore Wind Farm along with the
monitoring and operational control of the installed generating assets, ensuring alignment with
the sites generation license, consent conditions, policies and procedures along with all applicable
laws, regulations and industry best practices.
- Participate in the preparation of the marine coordination procedures
- Revise and keep these procedures up-to-date
- Monitor all systems for the tracking of vessels and transfer of personnel
- Co-ordinate all project-related marine traffic between ports and the offshore sites
- Communicate with marine traffic using VHF Radio
- Preparation of vessel manifests
- Maintain logging, meeting and reporting routines as stipulated in the Marine Coordination Procedures
- Obtain work schedules from the operations team and contractors and coordinate SIMOPS meetings so as to avoid traffic related conflicts of interest
- Co-ordinate monitoring and maintenance of navigational marking of the offshore site
- Monitor and communicate weather reports
- Prepare and issue Notices to Mariners, and other such advisory notices
- Act as initial point of contact and coordinator for offshore emergency response plans
- Support Search and Rescue operations
- Responsible for the recording and reporting of defects, and under performance
- Preparation of daily reports
- Use and support the development of operation management systems and planning tools
- Monitor & Control Wind Farm Output via SCADA Systems
- Manage Day-to-Day Work Control under Wind Turbine Safety Rules
- Interface with National Grid regarding planned grid outages and curtailments
- Operate Balance Mechanism Procedures as trained and authorised
- Work to strict Control Centre procedures
- Produce daily, weekly & monthly operational reports
- Work with Asset/Site Managers to ensure safe daily wind farm operations
- Maintain up to date WTSR & Work Control records
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILLS:
- Minimum HNC in Marine/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent (NVQ L4 and Above).
- Evidence of extensive industry specific technical training.
- All current offshore certifications (preferrable).
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive experience in marine coordination within the offshore wind or Oil and Gas industry.
- Proficient in VHF communications.
- Knowledge of WTG SCADA (Advantage)
- Experience of incident control / crisis management.
- Good knowledge of marine legislation and best industry practice.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Knowledge of Electro Mechanical or WTG Safety Rules would be an advantage.
- Fluent English both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze safety risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Organized and methodical approach to overcoming challenges.
- The role will be based at Moray East Offshore Wind Farms Operations & Maintenance Centre located in Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire.
- The role may require travel to the marine facilities for vessel audits and inspections.
- Requirement to travel for limited durations of time with short notice to other locations such as Edinburgh
- Ability to provide out of hours on call support as part of an emergency response rota or work weekends (when required).
Interested? Send in your CV below