Warehouse & Logistics Coordinator
The Moray East Offshore Windfarm Project is a joint venture between Ocean Winds (a newly formed joint venture between EDPR and ENGIE), Diamond Generating Europe and China Three Gorges Corporation, to construct what will be one of the largest offshore windfarms in the world in the Moray Firth off the North East Coast of Scotland.
Working from the Marine Base at Fraserburgh, the Warehouse & Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for all warehousing, stores, spares and logistics.
They will ensure the activity at the warehouse and harbour is effectively coordinated so services are provided in due time and according to the high quality standards of the Project:
- Support the Offshore Construction Manager with onshore operations at the Marine Base.
- Responsible for maintaining and documenting spares and stores of consumables.
- Coordinating deliveries to the marine base of parts, tools, fuel etc.
- Create and maintain a manifest of spares and a list of equipment to be mobilised/ demobilised to/ from the offshore site.
- Coordinating services in Fraserburgh including waste removal, cleaning etc.
- Coordinating rotations of offshore welfare, comms with supplier and movement/loading of welfare around the site.
- Coordinating servicing and maintenance of Marine Base equipment including but not limited to pontoon and ancillary systems, CTV fuelling system, harbour crane, welfare facilities, etc.
- Provide progress reports as required and attend regular site meetings.
- Work with the Site HSE Advisor to conduct inductions and toolbox talks where necessary.
- Undertake light regular maintenance and inspections of marine base equipment, as required.
- Movement of goods around the marine base using forklift, including handling of COSHH and operation of the harbour crane to load and unload vessels (training provided).
- Rigging and management of rigging and lifting equipment.
- Management of Dangerous goods, writing Dangerous Goods certificates for any relevant goods to be shipped to site.
- Responsible for general cleanliness and security of the marine base.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND TRAINING:
- Ability to communicate across all levels of an international organisation; ability to interact with suppliers, meet deadlines, work within approved budgets and can demonstrate strong optimisation skills.
- Experience within a comparable role is required:
- Stock take and stock control, Warehouse, Logistics and Port management, experience of rigging, crane operation and forklifts (fork lift licence essential).
- Previous experience in offshore wind farm construction and knowledge of the field is desirable.
- Must be computer literate.
- Punctual and ability to work on own initiative and unsupervised, with flexibility towards working hours.
- Must have good safety awareness in a marine environment and a perception of dangerous goods handling.
- Forklift truck license
- Valid rigging/slinger banksman qualification
- Full, clean driving licence required.
- Valid offshore certificates (BOSIET/GWO) would be a bonus.
The role will include shift working and call-out alongside the existing Coordinator including weekends, evenings, mornings and nights as required. Although located in Fraserburgh it includes travel to the supplier's facilities and offices, when necessary.
The project has an international team of employees and the working language is English. Candidates need to be fluent in English both spoken and written. Other languages will be highly valued.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Interested? Send in your CV below