Operations & Maintenance Supervisor
Reporting to the Operations & Maintenance Manager the Operations & Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for providing support in the definition and implementation of the operations and maintenance strategy for Moray East Offshore Wind Farm, ensuring that its aligned with the boards requirements and all applicable laws, regulations and industry best practice.
The Operations & Maintenance Supervisor will work closely with the Operations & Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Planner and the OFTO & Balance of Plant Electrical Maintenance Manager.
The Operations and Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the on-site management of operation and maintenance activities relating to civil and structural infrastructure (both onshore and offshore), Balance of Plant Electrical equipment, Wind Turbine Generators, quayside facilities, and OFTO assets as required.
· Responsible for a team of approximately 4 to 6 technicians (plus contractors as required).
· Responsible for both pre- take over and routine asset inspection activities.
· Responsible for the safe and efficient handover of assets from construction and commissioning teams.
· Responsible for the close out of snagging items.
· Responsible for the performance of interim, preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance activities as defined.
· Responsible for the maintenance of tools, test equipment and personal protective equipment.
· Responsible for the prompt reporting and investigation of defects, and under performance.
· Onsite supervision and management of the activities of all subcontractors executing scopes of inspection and maintenance activity.
· Provide client oversight of all WTG Main component and other major repair activity carried out by all subcontractors on behalf of MOWEL.
· Daily reporting on Operational Status.
· Responsibility for Operations team performance via use of HR tools, personal development plans, training needs assessment.
· Be responsible for the authoring, review, release and regular update of all Approved Written Procedures (AWP), along with Method Statements and Risk Assessments for operational activities.
· Use and support the development of operation management systems and planning tools.
· Responsible for predicting resource requirements based on forecasted work activities.
· Support in risk management and continuous improvement processes.
· Identification of training and development needs within the O&M team.
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILLS:
· Minimum HNC in Marine/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent (NVQ L4 and Above).
· Evidence of extensive industry specific technical training.
· All current offshore certifications.
· IOSH Managing Safely / NEBOSH General Certificate.
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
· Extensive experience in an O&M environment within the offshore wind or Oil and Gas industry (preferably 3 to 5 years in supervisory management).
· Experience of installation and/or commissioning of WTG or closely related assets.
· Demonstrated progression from technician to more senior levels (Preferable).
· Significant experience as a, supervisor with demonstrable track record.
· Experience of the management of statutory written schemes of examination.
· Offshore or WTG experience at supervisory level within a Turbine OEM would be an advantage.
· Extensive experience of the management of electro mechanical safety rules systems and WTG safety rules (preferably with experience as an authorized person or senior authorized person).
· Experience of contractor management.
· Experience of incident control / crisis management (Preferable).
· Good knowledge of electrical and mechanical maintenance.
· Knowledge of LOLER and PUWER regulations.
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
· Knowledge of Electro Mechanical or WTG Safety Rules would be an advantage.
· Fluent English both verbal and written.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Exceptional communication skills.
· Ability to lead, motivate and supervise technicians and contractors.
· Intuitive understanding of complex technical and interrelated systems.
· Hands on, practical aptitude in relation to maintenance activities.
· Technical Reporting.
· Ability to analyze safety risks and develop mitigation strategies.
· Organized and methodical approach to overcoming challenges.
· Full driving license.
· The role will primarily be based at Moray East Offshore Wind Farms Operations & Maintenance Centre located in Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire.
· The role will require frequent travel to the offshore assets via Crew Transfer Vessel and Service Operation Vessel.
· Requirement to travel for limited durations of time with short notice to other locations such as Edinburgh, OEM facilities, offsite storage facilities etc.
· Ability to provide out of hours on call support as part of an emergency response rota or work weekends (when required).