440 kV Control Engineer / Lead Senior Authorized Person
Reporting to the HV Operations and Maintenance Manager the 400Kv Control Engineer/Lead SAP
is responsible for the safe and efficient management of the Onshore and Offshore High Voltage
The 400Kv Control Engineer/Lead SAP will also work closely with the Operational Control Centre,
Marine Coordination, other Senior Authorized Persons and the Transmission network operator.
- Part of a team responsible for the safe and efficient commissioning, energisation and subsequent operation of the wind farm electrical network.
- Ensure safety from the system for all maintenance activities.
- Consenting to the issue of safety documents and ensuring precautions taken to achieve ‘safety from the system” are suitable.
- During the onshore/offshore commissioning phase, become familiar with the equipment at the onshore substation and the OSPs, assist the Commissioning Engineers as required.
- Work closely with the SHET SAPs, HV Operations Manager and Control Point to ensure that all work is carried out safely.
- Work closely with the WTG Service Engineers to ensure maintenance activities are safely managed.
- Preparation, issue and cancellation of safety documents, ensuring precautions taken to achieve ‘safety from the system” are suitable.
- Creation of switching schedules.
- Issuing switching instructions to authorized persons.
- Carrying out HV switching, using OFTO & WTG SCADA systems.
- Monitoring alarms from OFTO & WTG SCADA systems.
- Responsible for safety coordination between the Moray East Electrical & Mechanical
- Safety Rules & all other control boundaries.
- Coordination/witnessing of testing, commissioning and energisation of electrical infrastructure equipment.
- Oversee all HV/LV electrical operational activities to ensure safety, security and integrity of the HV network.
- Ensure compliancy with the Moray East Electrical and Mechanical Safety Rules.
- Review Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- Provide technical and engineering advice to working parties for electrical matters.
- Provision of training under the Moray East Electrical and Mechanical Safety Rules.
- Participation the delivery of HV Authorisation panels under the Moray East Electrical and Mechanical Safety Rules.
- Any other ad hoc activities, as directed by the HV Operations Manager
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILLS:
- Minimum HND in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent (NVQ L4 and Above).
- Evidence of extensive industry specific technical training.
- All current offshore certifications.
- IOSH Managing Safely / NEBOSH General Certificate (Preferrable).
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive experience in an O&M environment within the offshore wind or Oil and Gas industry.
- Current or previous UK DNO, National Grid, Or wind farm developer 400kV SAP authorization (significant experience at least 4 years’ experience).
- Extensive experience of electro mechanical safety rules systems (acting as an senior authorized person).
- Portfolio of SAP history advantageous.
- Good knowledge of High Voltage Substations.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Fluent English both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Intuitive understanding of complex technical and interrelated systems.
- Technical Reporting.
- Ability to analyze safety risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Organized and methodical approach to overcoming challenges.
- Full driving license.
- The role will primarily be based at Moray East Offshore Wind Farms Operations & Maintenance Centre located in Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire
- Requirement to travel for limited durations of time with short notice to other locations such as the onshore and offshore assets.
- Ability to work on rotation and provide flexible cover