High Voltage O&M Manager
The Moray East Offshore Windfarm Project is a joint venture between Ocean Winds (a newly formed joint venture between EDPR and ENGIE), Diamond Generating Europe and China Three Gorges Corporation, to construct what will be one of the largest offshore windfarms in the world in the Moray Firth off the North East Coast of Scotland.
The HV Operations & Maintenance Manager (OFTO & Balance of Plant Electrical) is responsible for defining and implementing the operations and maintenance strategy for Moray East Offshore Wind Farm OFTO related assets and all Balance of Plant Electrical Equipment, ensuring that its aligned with the boards requirements, future OFTO owners requirements, all applicable laws, regulations and industry best practice.
- Responsible for a team of approximately 3 persons (plus contractors as required).
- Responsible for the safe and efficient handover of assets from construction and commissioning teams.
- Plan and manage the execution of all O&M activity relating to OFTO assets and MOWEL Balance of Plant Electrical equipment.
- Manage OFTO and Transmission Network Operator relationships.
- Manage access arrangements with the OFTO party in relation to ongoing operation and maintenance of retained equipment with the OSP’s (66kV switchgear and inter array cabling)
- Manage OEM relationships relating to OFTO and Balance of Plant Assets.
- Monitoring and reporting of operational performance against key performance indicators.
- Prompt reporting and investigation of faults, defects, and under performance.
- Trouble shooting and fault analysis on high voltage networks.
- Working with the Operations Coordinator in the planning and coordination of electrical network outages.
- Responsible for the management of SCADA and communications networks.
- Responsible for the monitoring of cable condition monitoring equipment and the control of dynamic cable ratings.
- Responsible for the configuration of networks to utilize limited redundancy during outages or constraints.
- Manage the activities of all subcontractors executing scopes of inspection and maintenance activity on OFTO and Balance of Plant Electrical equipment.
- Development of appropriate cable repair/replacement preparedness plans (RPP).
- Responsible for the collation, administration, storage and transfer of all maintenance records, operating manuals and other documentation to the OFTO party post sale.
- Responsibility for team performance via use of HR tools, personal development plans, training needs assessment. • Be responsible for the authoring, review, release and regular update of all Approved Written Procedures (AWP), along with Method Statements and Risk Assessments for operational activities.
REQUIRED SKILLS & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive experience in an O&M environment within the offshore wind, Oil and Gas or Electrical Transmission industry (preferably 5 to 7 years in supervisory management).
- Experience of installation and/or commissioning of electrical transmission assets.
- Experience in fault finding on High Voltage Networks.
- Experience in the maintenance and repair of high voltage subsea cables (Preferable).
- Demonstrated progression from technician to more senior levels preferable.
- Significant experience at operations manager, supervisor, shift manager with demonstrable responsibility for documentation packages as authorizing engineer or similar.
- Experience at supervisory level within a Distribution or Transmission network operator (Preferable).
- Extensive experience of the management of electro mechanical safety rules systems.
- Extensive experience as a senior authorized person at either 132kV or 275kV.
- Experience of contract management.
- Experience of incident control / crisis management (Preferable).
- Good knowledge of maintenance management and process control systems.
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILLS:
- Minimum Degree in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent.
- Evidence of extensive industry specific technical training.
- All current offshore certifications.
- IOSH Managing Safely / NEBOSH General Certificate.
- Fluent English both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to lead, motivate and supervise large groups of technical staff.
- Intuitive understanding of complex technical and interrelated systems.
- Ability to analyse safety risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Full driving license
- Requirement to travel to onshore substation at New Deer and Offshore Site.
- Requirement to travel for limited durations of time with short notice to other locations such as Edinburgh, OEM facilities, offsite storage facilities etc.
- Ability to provide out of hours on call support as part of an emergency response rota or work weekends (when required).
We look forward to receiving your CV for this new and exciting role.
Interested? Send in your CV below