Lead Marine Coordinator / Operational Controller
The Lead Marine Coordinator / Operational Controller is responsible for the management of
monitoring and coordination of all marine traffic operations on Moray East Offshore Wind Farm
along with the monitoring and operational control of the installed generating assets, ensuring
alignment with the sites generation license, consent conditions, policies and procedures along
with all applicable laws, regulations and industry best practices.
The Lead Marine Coordinator / Operational Controller will work closely with the Head of
Operations & Maintenance, The Operations & Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Planner,
OFTO & Balance of Plant Electrical Maintenance Manager, Control Engineer and QHSE Advisor
- Development and implementation of the marine coordination procedures
- Implementation and maintenance of marine coordination management systems
- Training to site team in marine coordination activities
- Revision of site procedures under their nominated responsibility
- Monitor all systems for the tracking of vessels and transfer of personnel
- Ensuring the Co-ordination all project-related marine traffic between ports and the offshore sites
- Implementation and management of site communications systems (VHF) including the maintenance of licences and equipment.
- Audit of vessel manifests
- Ensuring accurate records are maintained in accordance with Approved Marine
- Coordination Procedures
- Establishment and maintaining communications between the operations team, contractors and marine coordination including the establishment of SIMOPS meetings so as to avoid traffic related conflicts of interest
- Co-ordinate monitoring and maintenance of navigational marking of the offshore site
- Implementation and management of suitable weather reporting services
- Management and recording of the issue of Notices to Mariners, and other such advisory notices
- Act as lead coordinator for offshore emergency response plans
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders in relation to emergency response planning and coordination (offshore)
- Support Search and Rescue operations
- Responsible for the management, recording and reporting of defects, and asset under performance
- Preparation of daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Use and support the development of operation management systems and planning tools
- Ensuring appropriate levels of monitoring & control of Wind Farm Output via SCADA Systems
- Manage Day-to-Day Work Control under Wind Turbine Safety Rules
- Interface with National Grid regarding planned grid outages and curtailments
- Operate Balance Mechanism Procedures as trained and authorised
- Working with the O&M management team to establish and maintain strict Control Centre procedures
- Work with Asset/Site Managers to ensure safe daily wind farm operations
- Ensuring the maintenance and audit of WTSR & Work Control records
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILLS:
- Minimum HNC in Marine/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent (NVQ L4 and Above).
- Evidence of extensive industry specific technical training.
- All current offshore certifications (preferrable).
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive experience in leading marine coordination within the offshore wind or Oil and Gas industry.
- Proficient in VHF communications.
- Knowledge of WTG SCADA (Advantage)
- Experience of incident control / crisis management.
- Good knowledge of marine legislation and best industry practice.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Knowledge of Electro Mechanical or WTG Safety Rules would be an advantage.
- Fluent English both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze safety risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Organized and methodical approach to overcoming challenges.
- The role will be based at Moray East Offshore Wind Farms Operations & Maintenance Centre located in Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire.
- The role may require travel to the marine facilities for vessel audits and inspections.
- Ability to provide out of hours on call support as part of an emergency response rota or work weekends (when required).
Interested? Send in your CV below