O&M HSE Advisor
The Moray East Offshore Windfarm Project is a joint venture between Ocean Winds (a newly formed joint venture between EDPR and ENGIE), Diamond Generating Europe and China Three Gorges Corporation, to construct what will be one of the largest offshore windfarms in the world in the Moray Firth off the North East Coast of Scotland.
Based in Fraserburgh and primarily reporting to the Head of O&M on a day-to-day basis, the O&M HSE Advisor will be responsible for the planning, implementation, monitoring and improvement of the O&M HSE activities on a day-to-day basis for MOWEL sites.
The O&M HSE Advisor will also have an additional matrix reporting line direct to Ocean Winds Head of HSE to ensure consistency in safety management activities across all UK assets and to promote cross site learning.
This is permanent employment contract.
- Assurance that corporate and site requirements are fulfilled.
- RAMS development, review and assurance.
- Participation in safety audit where required.
- Knowledge and promotion of HSE Policies and Procedures.
- Carrying out HSE Awareness site induction for all offshore site personnel.
- Giving advice and assistance to the O&M team on all matters relating to HSE.
- Assistance in the evaluation of contractor HSE performance (including the pre-qualification of new suppliers).
- Development and review of local procedures and risk assessments.
- Carrying out accident and incident investigations, review of Safety hazard observation cards and completing reports on same.
- Audit and monitoring of the site the permit to work system.
- Carrying out regular workplace inspections on and offshore in accordance with the Moray East HSE Monitoring Procedure.
- Carrying out scheduled inspections of all emergency and life-saving appliances.
- Planning, running and recording feedback on emergency response drills in accordance with the Moray East ERP requirements.
- Knowledge of the emergency response plan and emergency procedures.
- Intervening and completing safety observations using the designated system, reporting on trends.
- Complete HSE reporting where required.
- Participate and where required chair safety meetings, record and distribute minutes.
- Participation in company scheduled training and safety activities.
- Running company HSE training for fellow workers.
- Promotion of safe working practices.
- Attending in person or via Microsoft Teams, HSE Team meetings as required.
- Communicate to all site personnel all safety pertinent information not limited to Notices, Alerts, Lessons learned, adverse safety trends etc.
- Contribute to the review and improvement of MOWEL safety management system
- Experience of being HSE focal point.
- Experience of working with permit to work systems.
- Experience with marine operations and personnel transfer.
- Experience of emergency response drills, organizing, recording and following up on actions.
- Good understanding of leading health and safety management and driving continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of HSSE Management, permit to work systems, marine practices, environmental management
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILLS:
- NEBOSH General certificate, equivalent or higher
- GWO Training for Offshore Windfarms
- Medically fit to work in an offshore environment.
- Possesses effective organisation skills and accuracy/attention to detail.
- Active listener.
- Strength of character to intervene and stop work where there are any doubts about HSE compliance.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels through verbal and written communication.
- Ability to act with sensitivity and discretion, respecting confidentiality at all times.
- Willingness to learn, challenge and propose new ideas and ways of working.
- Friendly, approachable character.
- Ability to travel at short notice.
- Ability to manage a varied workload with competing priorities and strict deadlines.
Interested? Send in your CV below