Operations & Maintenance Technician - Fraserburgh
Reporting to the Operations & Maintenance Supervisor the Operations & Maintenance Technicians are responsible for providing support in the implementation of the operations and maintenance strategy for Moray East Offshore Wind Farm.
The Operations & Maintenance Technicians will work closely with the Operations & Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance Planner.
The Operations and Maintenance Technicians are responsible for the on-site performance of operation and maintenance activities relating to civil and structural infrastructure (both onshore and offshore), Balance of Plant Electrical equipment, Wind Turbine Generators, quayside facilities, and OFTO assets as required.
- Responsible for the supervision of contractors (as required).
- Supporting pre- take over and routine asset inspection activities.
- Supporting the safe and efficient handover of assets from construction and commissioning teams.
- Responsible for the close out of snagging items.
- Responsible for the performance of interim, preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance activities as defined.
- Perform servicing, trouble shooting and repair of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic components.
- Repair of paint and/or coating systems along with cleaning of boat landings and structures.
- Inspection and maintenance of electrical switchgear and electrical apparatus.
- Prepare, pack and transportation of tools and equipment for maintenance activities.
- Management and use of tools, test equipment and personal protective equipment.
- Responsible for the prompt reporting and investigation of defects, and under performance.
- Supporting subcontractors in the execution of scopes of inspection and maintenance activity.
- Provision of client oversight on all WTG Main component and other major repair activity carried out by all subcontractors on behalf of MOWEL.
- Daily reporting on Operational Status using software systems.
- Responsible for the authoring and regular update of all Approved Written Procedures, and provide input into the authoring of Method Statements and Risk Assessments for operational activities.
- Use of operations management systems and planning tools.
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILLS:
- Have completed a full apprenticeship in electrical/control engineering discipline and formal qualifications such as BTEC or HNC would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Evidence of extensive relevant industry specific technical training.
- All current offshore GWO certification (Preferable).
- IRATA Level II/III (Preferable).
- IOSH Managing Safely (Preferable).
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive experience in an O&M environment within the offshore wind, Oil and Gas, marine or factory processing industries (preferably 3 to 5 years).
- Meet the physical and medical requirements for working offshore, can work at heights and in restricted or confined spaces.
- Experienced in trouble shooting on mechanical and electrical components.
- Experience of installation and/or commissioning of offshore assets.
- Experience of the management of statutory written schemes of examination (Preferable).
- Offshore or WTG experience at technician level within a Turbine OEM (Preferable).
- Experience of electro mechanical safety rules systems and WTG safety rules (preferably with experience as an authorized person.
- Good knowledge of electrical maintenance preferable with some HV experience.
- Knowledge of Electricity at Work regulations 1989.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Preferable).
- Knowledge of Electro Mechanical or WTG Safety Rules would be an advantage.
- Fluent English both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Hands on, practical aptitude in relation to maintenance activities.
- A team player and calm problem solver, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Technical Reporting.
- Organized and methodical approach to problem solving. Moray Offshore Windfarm (East) Limited
- Full driving license.
- The role will primarily be based at Moray East Offshore Wind Farms Operations & Maintenance Centre located in Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire.
- The role will require frequent travel to the offshore assets via Crew Transfer Vessel, (CTV) and Service Operation Vessel. (SOV)
- The role will require working on a Rota system where working hours and times vary.
- Requirement to travel for limited durations of time with short notice to other locations such as Edinburgh, OEM facilities, offsite storage facilities etc.
- Ability to provide out of hours on call support as part of an emergency response rota or work weekends (when required).
- Be based local to the Fraserburgh area, ideally within 30 mins drive
Interested? Send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application!