The Moray East Offshore Windfarm Project is a joint venture between Ocean Winds (a newly formed joint venture between EDPR and ENGIE), Diamond Generating Europe and China Three Gorges Corporation, to construct what will be one of the largest offshore windfarms in the world in the Moray Firth off the North East Coast of Scotland.
The awarded consultant will be in charge of facilitating all internal and Contractor facing Quality meetings, ensuring that the relevant people are communicating with each other, highlighting areas of poor Quality to the Project that require corrective actions and supporting the ongoing assessment of the Business Management System and the Quality Management System by highlighting areas for improvement.
This is fixed term employment contract until April 2022.
- Responsible for supporting the ongoing assessment of the MOWEL Quality Management System, in gathering and analysing information on it to help implement improvements as agreed with the Head of Quality;
- Facilitating internal and Contractor facing meetings to discuss the closure of open points raised from documents reviews and Contractor assessments/inspections;
- Facilitating NCR meetings with Contractors and Package Leads to ensure effective and timely closure of open NCR’s with a focus on avoiding recurrence;
- Overseeing the Contractor documentation Quality reviews conducted by our inspectors;
- Responsible for supporting the ongoing assessment of the MOWEL Business Management System, in gathering and analysing information on it to help improve it by making improvement recommendations.
- Review, assess and make improvement recommendations on current Project Procedures to encourage streamlining and ensure traceability. The aim of this is to provide a level of governance and control to the Project;
- Assisting in the writing of procedures/processes for the Quality department;
- Agreeing content for the monthly report with the Head of Quality;
- Providing on the job training to the Quality Administrator or other Quality department staff on all aspects of the role;
- Providing system training to the inspectors to align 3rd party entries with company procedure;
- Provide cover for both the Quality Administrator and the Head of Quality in their absence;
- Other tasks as requested by the Head of Quality .
- Previous experience of working in a Quality department;
- Previous experience of having worked in an office environment; and
- Previous experience of having worked in the renewable energy sector.
- Prior experience of document control systems (Viewpoint would be desirable);
- Robust working knowledge of windfarms; and
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Vocational qualification in an engineering discipline (HNC/HND/City & Guilds, etc).
- Capable of implementing change and suggesting new ideas/better ways of working;
- Good and effective communicator, both written and verbal;
- Hard-working, organised and motivated;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Self-motivated, self-starter;
- Ability to supervise the work of others.
Interested? Send in your CV below